Texas Nature Challenge Participation Rules, Terms and Conditions
Sponsors – Texas A&M Forest Service and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service which jointly administer the Texas Nature Challenge.
Challenge – An activity designed for family fun and nature exploration which is performed at a Facility.
Facility – A park, recreation area, nature center or green space where a Challenge is performed.
Challenge Host – Owner or entity responsible for the management of a Facility. The Challenge Host cooperates with the Sponsors to host a challenge.
Team – A group consisting of at least two members. At least one member shall be over the age of 18 and at least one member shall be under the age of 18.
Texas Nature Challenge Affiliates – The Challenge Hosts and Sponsors, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors.
To Participate in Challenges:
1. Register to participate by either:
• Completing an official Texas Nature Challenge registration form online at http:// naturechallenge.tamu.edu, or
• Attending the opening ceremony in your home region and registering online onsite
Each team member must register, with the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) registering on behalf of team members under the age of 18. Sponsors reserve the right to limit entry in Texas Nature Challenge for safety or logistical concerns.
During registration, designate your Team’s home region. You will receive updates and announcements from your regional coordinator about your home region. If you choose to compete (see below) you will compete in only your home region.
New for 2013: If you plan to travel to other parts of Texas or want to participate in more than one region, you may also choose other regions and receive updates from those regional coordinators. This is a great way to find out about other wonderful nature facilities to enjoy in Texas!
2. Each region of the state will begin registration at a different time so please check the website for updates on opening and closing dates for your particular region.
3. The Challenges will be made available to all entrants online at http:// naturechallenge.tamu.edu.
4. Complete as many Challenges as you like during the Texas Nature Challenge dates.
5. The Texas Nature Challenge website also offers the opportunity to blog about your experiences. The Sponsors love to hear about your adventures! Please allow 48 hours for your blog entry to be posted.
6. Attend the closing ceremony in your home region (if applicable).
1. Document your Team’s experiences in a scrapbook, nature journal, field notebook, Texas Nature Challenge blog, other blog, digital scrapbook or other collection. Some families have turned this into a school assignment with a straightforward field journal including pictures and writing entries. Some have made a binder showing off their work. Others have created full scrapbooks of their adventure. We’ve even had someone do a digital scrapbook. Be as creative as you like in presenting your documentation. Scrapbooks and other submitted materials will be returned after the completion of the Texas Nature Challenge. Copies may be made and used by the Sponsors for future promotion. See Terms and Conditions below.
2. The minimum requirement for submission is turning in the completed Challenge print-outs from the website with your experiences described/noted on them.
3. Each region will develop submission details, prize categories and the judging criteria. Please check your region’s home page or contact your regional coordinator for more information.
4. Challenges will be judged and scored in accordance with the relevant Challenge. The Sponsors reserve the right to reject or disqualify any Team, for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including without limitation cheating, violent or dangerous behavior or unsportsmanlike conduct.
Terms and Conditions:
Participation in Texas Nature Challenge and acceptance of a prize constitutes each participant’s and each winner’s permission for the Sponsors to use any materials submitted via the Texas Nature Challenge web site and the Texas Nature Challenge Facebook page (including any photographs, videos, images or other intellectual property submitted to Sponsors by any Team) (collectively, “Additional Materials”) and any statements made by each winner regarding the Texas Nature Challenge or Sponsors for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled registration forms or Additional Materials, which may be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic, including without limitation, problems with the web site through which participants download/submit registration forms. Only fully completed registration forms are eligible.
By participating, team members and winners agree to release and hold harmless the Texas Nature Challenge Affiliates from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with
• preparation for, travel to, or participation in Texas Nature Challenge, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Texas Nature Challenge-related activity or
• any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or invasion of privacy or
• merchandise delivery.
Teams who do not comply with these conditions or attempt to interfere with the Texas Nature Challenge in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate.