Inks Lake State Park is 1,201 acres of recreational facilities adjacent to Inks Lake on the Colorado River in Burnet County. The park was acquired by deeds from the Lower Colorado River Authority and private owners in 1940, and was opened to the public in 1950. Inks Lake is located in the Highland Lakes chain (seven lakes) surrounded by granite hills. The water level of Inks Lake is usually unaffected by drought and is maintained at a normal level most of the time. During flooding situations, the lake level can rise as the flood waters are passed through Inks Lake to other lakes downstream.
The park area has been used for cattle ranching since the mid-1800s. It remained a part of various ranches until the state acquired the land in 1940. Culverts and roads in the park were constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps from the camp at Longhorn Caverns in the 1930s.
The park is a panorama of cedar and oak woodlands, wildflowers and pink granite outcroppings in the Central Texas Hill Country. Deer, turkey, quail, numerous songbirds, and other species of wildlife are abundant in the park. The most commonly caught fish are bass, crappie and catfish.
Contact Sean Jones at email@example.com or call 512-793-4689 for help with this challenge.